Energy and fresh air distribution kit
Energy and air distribution: this kit is designed to provide fresh air, heating, and cooling to the dwellings through the integration of the following technical components into the façade modules:
- Mechanical Ventilation Unit (MVU) with heat recovery and water coil for air heating and cooling
- Air ducts with connection points for fresh and exhaust air
- Water pipes connected to the heat pump
- Electric wires
- Sensing and control unit
The ventilation units are connected to different areas of the apartments through air ducts running into the prefabricated façade modules. The energy needed for heating and cooling is generated by a centralised heat pump that can be placed on the rooftop or in other technical spaces and is connected to each decentralised ventilation unit through façade-integrated water pipes. The system regulates the amount of air and energy distributed depending on the indoor conditions of the apartments.
Why to choose the energy
and air distribution kit
- This solution guarantees the comfort of the occupants and optimises the consumption of energy.
- This system allows to provide HVAC services to all internal spaces without intrusive interventions and in a cost-effective way.
- Compared to bulky fully centralised solutions, this kit is more suitable to buildings with small indoor spaces.
Explore other Infinite technologies
Building stock analysis to support industrialised deep retrofit file_download
Retrofit to achieve the nZEB target: a first look into demo case designs.
A first look into the design of the demo cases and the prefabricated renovation technologies for the retrofit of buildings, aiming at reaching the nZEB target.
Mock-up kits up and running at Eurac Research labs
After an intense period dedicated to the design of the technical components, full-scale mock-ups of INFINITE kits have recently been installed at Eurac Research outdoor labs to test their overall aesthetic appearance and gain a better understanding of the interaction among kits on the same façade.
The Future Envelope – Towards Zero Carbon Buildings
15-16 December 2022, Bolzano-Bozen